Seminars and Workshops
Click to see below:
For Church Leadership:
LIVING FOR ETERNAL SIGNIFICANCE - Igniting Boomers for Global Impact
- Description: This four-hour seminar is designed to enhance church leaders' understanding, communication with and mobilization of Boomers. This seminar can be customized for shorter presentations.
- Who should attend?
- 50-Plus Adult Ministry staff and volunteer leaders
- Missions pastors and mission team members
- Other church staff or volunteer leaders who work to engage Boomers
- Cost: Finishers Project charges $1,500. This fee covers travel costs for two
Finishers staff, the printing of seminar materials and a modest honorarium. The host church or organization is
responsible for the logistical arrangements, seminar food costs and housing for
For church members in their midlife years:
LIVING FOR ETERNAL SIGNIFICANCE - Make a Lasting Impact with the Rest of Your Life
- Description: This four-hour seminar is designed for interacting directly with those in midlife about opportunities and issues encountered as they explore God's direction and meaning for the second-half. This seminar can be customized for shorter presentations.
- Cost: Finishers Project charges $1,500. This fee covers travel costs for two Finishers staff, the printing of seminar materials and a modest honorarium. The host church or organization is responsible for the logistical arrangements, seminar food costs and housing for Finishers staff.
- The Half-time Journey from Success to Significance
You've experienced some level of success and satisfaction in your career, but you sense that all you've learned and experienced could be used in a significant kingdom assignment. What might that look like? We'll reflect on this and provide some practical ideas and tools to help you journey through half-time into a significant and rewarding second half.
- Finding Your Calling for the Second Half
A careful assessment of your gifts, talents and skills can yield greater clarity for what God is calling you to do in the second half. We will work on this together and provide some useful ideas and tools to assist you.
- Engaging the Boomer Generation for Missions
Research indicates that over half of all Baby Boomers would consider leaving their present work if they could see a compelling vision for investing the rest of their lives in something significant. They want their retirement years to make a difference for the Lord. Learn how to engage and connect boomers in your church with meaningful mission opportunities and careers.
- The Amazing Range of Opportunities in Missions
There are more ways to become involved in missions than ever before! Explore the range of opportunities currently existing for those looking to utilize their marketplace skills and resources in global missions, particularly in creative access areas.
** Any combination of the above seminars and workshops can be packaged and presented as requested. Financial arrangements will be worked out accordingly. Contact Tom Adelsman to discuss arrangements at email@example.com or (480) 292-4628.
Mid-Life Mobilization Project
Mobilizing Boomers for Global Impact
Description: This leadership community experience is designed for a cohort of 6-8 churches represented by a minimum of two ministry staff each and not more than five. The project timeline is two years. A total of four meetings are scheduled at six month intervals. The idea is to drill down deeply to arrive at a mutual understanding of the giftedness and potential of the Boomer generation for Kingdom expansion. Two major goals include the development of ongoing collaborative relationships with other church leaders and the development of creative tools and resources that serve other churches across the country.
The four meetings will focus on the following objectives/outcomes:
- Understand who the Boomers are and why they are in a position to impact global evangelization.
- Engage Boomers by "speaking their language." Learn how to do it and watch them respond!
- Connect Boomers in the church with global opportunities consistent with their gifting, passions and experience.
- Cultivate multiple pathways to successfully deploy Boomers.
The first meeting will require participants to:
- Present and critique their own approach to mobilizing Boomers.
- Identify the major issues/obstacles common to all participants.
- Develop goals and a strategic framework for the next two years along with a more precise six-month action plan.
Each of the next three meetings will begin with updates from each church, peer group discussions, presentations, interactive group and team exercises and input from experts. The goal-setting continues as each church grows and refines its ability to challenge, motivate and mobilize boomers for global impact.
Each of the four sessions will be approximately two full days and evenings in length. The cost for participation will be approximately $3,000 to $3,500 for each participating church. This does not include travel, lodging and food that is not a part of the program.